Subject: Re: [Leica] focal distance
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:41:02 -0700

 From the film plane naturally but you cannot just set the lens to 1
meter and go. The markings on the lens cannot be set accurately enough
to use a large aperture lens wide open and close. The best way to test
your rangefinder is with film and a tripod. Use a three dimensional
subject and a large aperture lens wide open. Focus carefully and then
check the film with a loupe or use a slide projector.

I often use a gg screen to check my focus and coverage but film tells
it all.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from "Jem Kime" <realcamera@tiscali.co.uk> (Re: [Leica] focal distance)