Subject: Re: [Leica] better sharpness in digital cameras
From: Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 11:21:23 -0500

I think the word "doped" is very significant here!

;-)

dan c.

At 07:33 PM 14-12-02 -0800, Brian Reid wrote:
>I've heard that if you disassemble a floppy disk and attach the brown
ferromagnetic disc itself to the back of your digital camera, the pixels
will be sharper in the resulting image because of a quantum clustering
effect between the Fe3O4 molecules in the floppy disc and the Niobium used
in the digital image memory. I tried it and the resulting picture sure
looked much sharper to me.

>Since the glass in Leica lenses is doped with Niobium, maybe it will have
some sort of synergistic effect with the digital image memory, too, thereby
getting more than 2 megapixels' worth of sharpness out of a digital camera
with a 2Mpx CCD?