Subject: [Leica] FW: Farewell E-mail
From: "bill" <bill@photobynelsch.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 14:56:43 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: John VanStelten [mailto:fplens@earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 10:34 AM
To: Henry Chu; Rich Condon; Jon Inaba; E Kosmicki; Pete Roos; Art Sable;
Steve Tharnstrom
Subject: Farewell E-mail

Dear Friends,

This will come as a shock to you but I have made the monumental
decision to take a complete year off, effective Monday next. There are a
number of reasons, but the major contributor to my decision has been my
involvement with a guerrilla group in Bolivia, who are fighting for
freedom and justice against unbelievable odds.

I have been in contact with this group for a number of years, and now
finally will join them. I know you will think I am totally crazy but I
have not made this decision lightly. Nothing you can say or do will stop
me doing what I truly believe in.

I realize the timing is terrible and my family will suffer, I hope to
see you again in happier days.

(I am attaching a photo of the group).