Subject: [Leica] OT: how to move lots of GB between computers
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 11:05:05 -0500

Nathan,

Somebody may have said this already (I see the digest, so behind real
time), but I'd get an ethernet card for both machines and a crossover cable
to connect them. Window's own networking can provide a connection and by
"sharing" drives, you can drag and drop the files from one to another. It's
very fast.

It gets a little complicated considering the different versions of Windows
behave slightly differently, but the Microsoft knowledge base guides can help.

Around here, old 10Mbs ethernet cards are dirt cheap. One of your machines
may already have one built in.

Write off list if you need a step by step guide.

Carl

Write off list if you need more info.

CP