Subject: Re: [Leica] Portra B & W Film
From: "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 07:48:05 -0600

Portra B&W 400 film was created to get more of a b&w look using color paper
instead of the more $$$ b&w paper for RA-4 machines. Why Kodak charges
double for their b&W paper is another issue...

Portra, acccording to Kodak reps, is best when printed on Kodak Portra
paper. Duh!
Also, there is a Portra Sepia paper.

Orential makes a great B&W paper that can be used in RA-4 machines and is
much cheaper, but better in quality. You can actually change the contrast
using the mahcines color filters which you cannot do with Kodak paper. Not
sure how it really works though. Wish I could try some. I've only seen
prints.

Chris Williams
New Orleans