Subject: [Leica] M motor drive/winder/RabidWinder
From: James Michael Lennon <jim@JMLENNON.COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 20:22:06 -0500

Original Message:

I currently use a RadibWinder, and find it works great.  I am
considering one of the M motor winders.  There appear to be two.  One
is an older model, which is about 2" tall...and I don't like the idea
of adding 2" to the size of my camera.  The second one is the new one
with the hand grip.  I really don't want the hand grip, but think I
could live with it (and may even come to like it). Whose got
something to say about this?

Austin

The new Motor M drives are wonderful. They are light weight,
ergonomic, and quiet. They do not have the ability to fire as rapidly
as most professional Nikon and Canon motor/cameras fire. But they are
certainly adequate for work that does not require the ability to
shoot a burst of exposures.

For the past twenty years, I have used motor drives on all of my
cameras Nikon/Leica when the situation called for it and they can be
a terrific asset. The current Motor M is far superior in every way to
the older motor drives.

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] M motor drive/winder/RabidWinder)