Subject: [Leica] Random Ranter - I want my digital M8!
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:51:36 -0500

John Collier wrote:

"Leica is listening and would love to produce a digital M body. However,
Leica does not have the financial and technical where-with-all to
produce a digital M camera PERIOD. I would not hold your breath on this
one. For technical reasons that have been gone over and over on this
list (see archives) it is not possible for the M wide angle lenses to
work with current 24 x 36 sensors..."

Yep, Leica is listening closely -- they may soon announce stuff that will answer many
of our dreams.

But as for digital, here's what I want from them: A reasonably spec'ed camera
(4-6 megapixels would be great) incased in a body that is PRECISELY the same
dimensions and shape as an M7 with Abrahamsson Rapidwinder. Same rounded ends,
"shutter" release in the same place, same ergonomics. VF eyepiece on the photog's
left, so most of us can still use our right eyes. Doesn't need anything else about it
like an M camera (including rewind crank :-), just the outside dimensions, so we can
continue handling that bit of
utter perfection. No real change in shooting style re: camera handling.
Doesn't need interchangeable M lens, if that won't work (and everybody
says it won't). Could even be a non-interchangeable zoom lens.

If any agree, send messages to Solms. They may be able to do it.

Emanuel