Subject: Re: [Leica] Service in NJ on USA warrented and bought equipment
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:22:44 -0700

Nikon USA has always had a policy of not repairing any grey equipment
period. Leica USA (or any where else) will repair grey equipment but
you have to pay for it. If they are sending the lens to Germany there
are only two possible reasons. Either Leica USA does not have the
expertise to fix it; or, for warranty reasons, Leica Germany has to do
the work.

John Collier