Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 Eye Relief Question
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:40:49 -0500

From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>

You can also just fit the M6 eyepiece which has a rubber rim to protect
your glasses.

John Collier

On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, at 10:20 AM, Chris Chen wrote:
 > FWIW, if you decide to go w/an M2 & plan to
 > regularly use a 35mm, you should be aware that, for
 > some unknown reason, Leitz put a smaller rear VF
 > eyepiece opening on the M2 than on the M3 or the M6
 > (can't compare it w/an M4 as I haven't looked through
 > 1 in years)--I found it difficult to see the 35mm
 > frame on my M2 for that reason until I had DAG enlarge
 > the opening as part of a CLA/repair job.

What's that??? I hadn't heard of this, and was just complaining about not
seeing the whole 35mm frame line on my M2.

John, do you say that the eyepieces are interchangeable, and the M6 one is
bigger AND padded? You can just swap them?

I've never looked through an M6 . . .

Carl