Subject: RE: [Leica] Tri Elmar Repair
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:16:19 -0500

Kit,

> I'm not saying that Leica won't honor the warranties.

That's what you DID way...perhaps not what you meant to say.

> I'm saying that if you have a non-US warranty, the
> piece will
> be sent to Germany for repairs.

And, with exception, that best not be true.

> And you're not paying
> extra for
> a U.S. warranty.

OH COME ON, we're not stoopid.  OF COURSE YOU ARE.

> It's part of the price of the lens.

So what?  That doesn't mean you aren't paying more for it.  Gee, how
difficult is that to understand?

> I'm a licensed dealer. I never recommend buying gray market because you
> don't know what you're getting.

I am not getting a REAL Leica 50/1.4 Summilux?  It didn't originate from the
EXACT same factory as the one you sell?  Is it somehow "substandard"?
Please, explain!  I KNOW the warranty is not the same, but that doesn't mean
the lense isn't.

Austin