Subject: [Leica] Got my SF-20 flash...
From: Don Lawrence <DLawrence@fkp.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:48:36 -0600

Hi Austin,
I just got a SF-20 too. The screw down feature is not much different than
other flashes.
If you look at the Contax TLA360 it has a similar mechanism.

When I mounted the SF-20 on the M7 the connection was very tight, enough
that
tightening the screw down would only be necessary to keep the thing from
being
inadvertently knocked off. And even then you should never need to tighten it
so much as
to effect the finish on the camera.

I have a question about using the flash off the camera. If you use the
Contax TLA100 extension cord does it provide the TTL function or do you have
switch to Auto?

Don