Subject: [Leica] Re: Profiling scanners, etc..
From: Bill Lawlor <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:24:14 -0800

Other options than vuescan? I think the soloution to ANY scanner/PS/printer
color balance problem is to accurately calibrate all with the proper tools.

Check www.profilecity.com for a solution. They will generate a custom
profile for your ink/paper printer/scanner combination that should be
consistent with a monitor calibrated to ICC standard with a color balance
spider such as Pantone  Color-Pro. That will give you actual wysiwig
operation.

I skipped the custom profile option because I calibrated my monitor with a
spider and have my serious printing done by a service bureau on the Fuji
Lightjet system. It sure beats messing with Epson printers. The RA-4 Fuji
Crystal Archive Paper prints are superb.

Bill Lawlor