Subject: Re: [Leica] M motor drive/winder/RabidWinder
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:08:05 -0700

The Winder-M has its switch as part of the mounting "zu/auf" latch. The
Winder-M just rotates when turned on. The camera controls when the
Winder/Motor works by allowing (or not) the winder/motor coupler
rotate. Supposedly the coupler is only free to turn after the shutter
has finished it business BUT on many cameras this does not seem to be
the case (especially in the slower speeds). I suspect that in order to
get the Motor-M to work when it is not mounted on a camera, you have to
turn the mounting latch to its latched position and turn the setting
switch to 1 or 2. Just a guess mind you...

John Collier