Subject: RE: [Leica] Digitizing equipment recommendation.
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:16:41 -0500

If, as I understand it, you only want to scan for the web, and you want
to scan both slides and prints, I would suggest getting a flatbed
scanner, such as the Epson 2450, which will cost you less than $500 and
allow you to everything you want to do with a single piece of equipment.
The 2450 can scan negatives and transparencies at up to 2400 dpi
optically, and that's more than you need for the web. I've been using
mine to scan 2 1/4 negs for printing, and it does an amazingly good job,
considering its price.

B. D.