Subject: [Leica] Re: Rollei 2.8 xenotar?
From: Ed Birch <edwbirch@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 01:35:24 -0500

> Subject: [Leica] Rollei 2.8 xenotar ?
> I have a fellow on his way over who's selling a "clean" Rollei 2.8
xenotar - anyone able to give
> me an idea of value - apparently it needs a shutter CLA - like not
working? Need quick feedback if
> possible - thanks

I might be a bit late on this but, it sound like a 1953 Rolleiflex Automat
2.8C, or a 1955 2.8D.

2.8D had the LV scale on the shutter knob. Both camera's used the Schneider
Xenotar lens.

Value?? Depends on lens condition and shutter speeds accuracy. When used in
cold climate, Rolleiflex and Rolleicord shutters needing CLA can become
quite erratic.

Ed Birch, Pennsylvania.