Subject: [Leica] Summitar hood
From: "Philip Hart" <pch356@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:54:07 -0500

First,as a lurker for the last 18 months, I want to thank the regular
posters to this list for the wealth of information and images that are
shared here. As an M2 user, the LUG has been energizing for me.

I've just succumbed to temptation and am now the owner of a IIIf and a
Summitar 50. The Summitar came without a hood and I'd like to get one. From
searching the archives of this list and others, I've come up with three
choices: The SOOPD (barndoor) hood which I understand is effective, but
unwieldy. The second option that I've run across is a suggestion that the
IROOA hood might fit the later (763xxx) grooved Summitar rim. The third
option involves using a filter adapter ring + non-Leica screw-in hood.

The Summitar has a pretty fair presence in the IIIf viewfinder without a
hood. What experience have others had with hoods for this combination? Any
other suggestions?

Thanks,

Philip Hart