Subject: RE: [Leica] Focus Camera
From: "Kit McChesney | Acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:05:49 -0700

I suppose I should have worded my response a bit more carefully. I'll do
that now. ;-)

I said: "They're not being clever." I see I should have said: "They're not
necessarily being clever."

That said, and with all due respect, you can surely choose to believe that
someone is being "weasly" if you like. You can certainly jump to all sorts
of conclusions if you like based on all sorts of preconceived notions and
biased assumptions about an individual's, or a dealer's, or a
manufacturer's, or anyone's, motivations. You certainly have that
prerogative. Some see the glass as half-full, others half-empty. I
thoroughly enjoy being an optimist. I also am more than happy to give
someone the benefit of the doubt. Even if he's a weasel! ;-)

I was merely pointing out that it isn't necessarily an issue of being
clever. I would never assume that a dealer who stocks only binoculars and
scopes and who lists themselves as such is being clever. If she displays an
"Authorized Leica Dealer" sticker in his window, and she is authorized to
carry Leica Sport Optics or Pradovit, or whatever, then that's a truthful
statement. If you check the Leica Website for authorized dealers, you will
find that they list the products they stock, and apparently don't list the
ones they don't stock. In fact, they are searchable only by the product
lines they stock. Search for M-System in New York, and Focus doesn't show.
Search on Binoculars in New York, or Compact Cameras, and there they are. It
seems pretty simple to me.

Granted, I haven't had any dealings with Focus, and have no idea what kind
of dealership they are. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I
learn otherwise myself. I hope that anyone else would give me and my
business the same chance.

KM
- --
www.acmefoto.com | kitmc@acmefoto.com