Subject: Re: [Leica] Is the issue of camera noise over-rated? - What are your quietest cameras?
From: Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:24:24 -0500

My various Retinas and the 2.8F are all very quiet... but the Minox GT
(35mm) is the most quiet.

I can barely hear the click to know whether or not I've taken a picture.

And the little Minox 35mm lens is very sharp.
Does anyone know if it was made and/or designed by Leica?:

http://www.hemenway.com/The_Notch/Franconia-1.jpg
http://www.hemenway.com/The_Notch/Franconia-2.jpg
http://www.hemenway.com/The_Notch/Franconia-3.jpg

But... since I mostly do landscapes, the trees don't seem to mind the
mirror slap of the R8 or the big 6008i.

- --
Jim - http://www.hemenway.com