Subject: Re: [Leica] 2002 beach noctilux photos
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:52:40 -0500

all of the noctilux images were at f1.0.  you can see the vignetting
in many of the shots. i imagine when you shoot into the sun, there's not
as much vignetting.  the vignetting generally doesn't bother me too
much.

i didn't do any photoshopping (actually i use the gimp) to remove any
vignetting; just scaling, a little curve adjustment here and there
and a little sharpening at the end.

- -rei

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 03:16:41PM +0000, Logan Reinwood wrote:

> Hi rey,
>
> I really like your pix and especially the way you isolate the subjet by
> using the short DOF of the noct....
> I wonder what is the typical aperture you use for this kind of shots. I
> assume it is not f1 but probably 1.4, otherwise the vignetting woud be
> worst, unless you "phtoshopize" the scan?
>
> Can you tell us more on this?
>
> On my side I try to avoid to use my Noct " aperture 1 and 1.2 if the
> background is like the sky, snow, sand... because of the strong vignetting.
>
> logan

> >http://www.shinozuka-family.com/20020622beach/.thumbnails/page.html

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com