Subject: RE: [Leica] church pics for sam krneta
From: "Sam Krneta" <skrneta@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 22:32:11 -0600

Simon.

Finally, I get to see it. :-) Beautiful, the church and your photos. The
exterior is very deceiving, almost plain when you compare it with the
interior. I would have never guessed how beautiful it is. The renovation was
definitely a success. Interesting mix of Roman and German architecture. Hard
to believe they closed off the dome windows at one time. It definitely ranks
up there compared to some of the other beautiful European cathedrals.

I am surprised they had a problem with taking pictures, although that is a
hit or miss at best. Seems that the British and French are the hardest on
photographers, but I have never had a problem anywhere else. It is all in
the approach. Walk over to the donation jar and leave a donation, grab a
seat, get on your knees for a little prayer, and shoot to your hearts
content.

It's the guy that walks in during a sermon with a monster Metz flash and
starts shooting at 1000 frames per second that ruins it for everyone, or the
bus load of tourists with the point and shoots all going off at the same
time, usually when the priest is in the middle of his message to the
congregation.

Thank you again for taking the time and effort in getting me a peek inside.
I will definitely make it a point to see it in person. I suppose we will
have to stop for a few beers. Do they have any pubs/taps/bars right on the
canals?

Sam