Subject: RE: [Leica] RE:Ebay
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:41:48 -0800

So it's okay for the capitalist-imperialists of Leica to post information about
their products here but it's not okay for individuals to post THEIR requests for
transations on eBay? Or that it's okay for individuals to sell and negotiate one
on one but it's not okay to auction?

I just don't understand it. Either no one can do it or everyone can. I think
it's very valuable to have people offer their products for sale here. I don't
mind if people post their eBay auctions either. No one MAKES me participate - or
even read the for sale postings.

Heck, I liked the guy from B&H who participated and never understood why he
wasn't welcome either - he answered questions and gave some ideas about the
retail pipeline that I found very valuable.

We're not a newsgroup in the traditional sense, and of course the owner of this
list can make and enforce his own rules - that's the price of the benefit we
get. If this were USENET then I'd agree with you.

I like the Friday sales posting and hope they continue.

Adam Bridge