Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica "old Style" 50 1.4 Summilux??
From: "Kit McChesney | Acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:43:46 -0700

Ed--

1)The Summilux 50mm f/1.4 you bought isn't the same as the Summicron f/2
commemorative that has been introduced.

2)The Summicron commemorative is not a replacement for the current Summicron
50mm f/2, but a special version.

3)The Summilux 50mm f/1.4 has not been changed.

4) The white boxes are the so-called "old" package design, but we get white
and silver boxes all the time. Leica is just making a design change for
packaging (in many cases this is for the better, as the foam packing is much
heftier) from the white to the silver/black.

FYI--

Noctilux = f/1.0
Summilux = f/1.4
Summicron = f/2.0

Elmar and Elmarit can vary in terms of how they refer to f/stop
designations.

Kit
- --
acmefoto | acme online sales, inc
post office box 777 | louisville, colorado 80027 usa
www.acmefoto.com | kitmc@acmefoto.com
tel +1 303.664.0684 | fax +1 303.664.0685
- --