Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica "old Style" 50 1.4 Summilux??
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 12:53:26 -0700

The old version of the 50/1.4 has not increased in value that I know
of. It sells for less than the current version except perhaps for the
1983 anniversary and gold special editions and the usual low run LTM
stuff. It might be worth a little more if it is in a sealed box. The
optical formula is the same but the mount was completely redesigned
with the elements now being fitted in a much more precise and secure
way. Whether this results in improved performance I cannot say.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica "old Style" 50 1.4 Summilux??)