Subject: [Leica] Lenses I love
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 13:40:28 -0800

Jim Shulman wrote:

> However, the images were rather flat-looking--didn't have nearly the
> life or "bounce" that I get with an 80s pre-asph Summicron 35.

There are two lenses that I will never, never sell.  The first is the
50mm DR Summicron.  Heavy as a sumo wrestler in diving gear (and one of
these day's I'll have to get mine painted black -- I can't stand chrome
lenses), but damn I love the look of that lens's images.

The other is my 1980s, pre-ASPH Summicron 35 (with square hood).
Unbeatable together with Tri-X or HP-5.  I'm barely worthy of owning
it, it's capable of such fantastic photographs.

M.