Subject: Re: [Leica] Warranty Issues
From: Bryan Caldwell <bcaldwell51@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 02:05:11 -0800

On 2/8/03 1:06 PM, "Kit McChesney | Acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com> wrote:

> Well, if my M7 falls out of my bag and off the back of my motorcycle when
> I'm barreling down a mountain road, I'll be pretty darned glad I have
> Passport protection, you betcha.

Kit,

The above assumes that you can retrieve the remains of your M7. If you
haven't noticed that it's hit the road until you're at your destination or
if it's gone over the side of the mountain road, you'll probably be hard
pressed to find it - in which case Passport protection won't do a thing for
you.

Some simple math (using approximate figures): Right now, it appears that
Passport protection adds about $350 to the price of an M7 or about $115.00
per year. I can add "all risk" camera coverage to my home owners insurance
policy for about $10.00 per $1,000.00 covered. So, all risk coverage on a
non-Passport M7 costs me about $22.00 per year. Not only have I saved a lot
of money, but I have better coverage. An all risk insurance rider covers me
against theft, fire and any incident in which I can't recover the camera.

Bryan

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Warranty Issues)