Subject: Re: [Leica] ACLU and Your Right To "Keep Pushing That Shutter"
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 21:38:34 -0500

At 05:25 PM 2/8/03 -0800, S Dimitrov wrote:
>A euphemism for the V chip. A number of movie/media industry people had
>town hall meetings to address this chip. It seemed to them that this
>could be a first step before other kinds of software could placed in the
>TV, irrespective of the buyers wishes.
>One of the panels was convened at the Disney animation studios in
>Burbank. I can't remember the names of the panellists, but it was of a
>sufficiently high calibre that McCain himself showed up to speak.

Slobodan

I don't really care if Santa Claus and his Twelve Reindeer showed up to speak.

I'm a states' rights Libertarian and am still trying to figure out why
those assholes in Washington have ANYTHING to do with broadcast.  <sigh>
In your eyes, and the eyes of many on the LUG, I suppose that just means
that I'm societally limited ...

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!