Subject: Re: [Leica] ACLU and Your Right To "Keep Pushing That Shutter"
From: Mike Durling <durling@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 23:55:40 -0500

Its the usual thing.  IN THE BEGINNING radio was largely unregulated.
Government and commercial interests demanded some regulation so the
amateurs would not interfere with their signals and/or transmit things
they didn't want sent.  National security and all that.

Once the regulatory mechanism was in place it became the logical means
to also enforce content issues.

This doesn't precicely relate to what we can photograph, but we do have
to be careful to guard our rights to freely share our photos and ideas.

Mike D