Subject: RE: [Leica] Warranty Issues
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 16:00:18 -0500

Hi Rolfe,

Thanks for the info.

> Yes, I recently bought an R9 and aside from the Passport, which the
> document by the way refers to as the "Passport Plan and Limited
> Warranty"...

Read carefully and you'll find that the term "Limited Warranty" is ONLY
talking about the following (and I quote):

"GeovidLaser Rangefinder Binoculars 	- Additional 2 years on optics
Televid Spotting Scopes 			- Additional 2 years
Fullsize and Compact Binoculars 		- Lifetime"

It makes no mention of camera gear.  So, for our purposes, any of the issues
dealing with the "Limited Warranty" part of the document do not appear to
apply.

Regards,

Austin

Replies: Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] Warranty Issues)