Subject: Re: [Leica] Warranty Issues
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 13:57:42 -0700

Passport protection plans are only available with authorized gear.
Passport plans are in addition to a transferable international
warrantee. If your friends did not get cards that does not mean that
they do not have an international warrantee. The last camera I bought
new (M6TTL) came with both cards.

So the short answer is that Leica US gear is covered under the
international warrantee and is not worth less than gear from another
distributor.

John Collier