Subject: Re: [Leica] States' Rights and Racism
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:21:04 +0100

Marc

Whatever the history of the phrase, it is indisputable that today, at
least in the Deep South, it IS very much a code word for supporting the
good old days when blacks knew that their place was in the back of the
bus. I lived in North Florida (the part of that state that is part of
the South, as opposed to South Florida) from 1984 to 1990, and can
assure you that everyone there knew what "states' rights" meant, and
there sure was nothing libertarian about it...

Nathan