Subject: Re: [Leica] REAL questions about warranty
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:41:55 -0700

An M body that was sold though an authorized distributor will have a
two year transferable warrantee. Any passport protection plans are not
transferable. Grey equipment will have to be sent to Leica AG for any
warrantee work. If you are buying a camera that is represented as
having some warrantee left, check with your distributor to make sure it
is not grey. Warrantee repairs can only be performed at the
distributor's repair depot. Leica USA's repair depot is in New Jersey.

John Collier