Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 with studio flash try out
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:51:14 -0800

Simon Lamb wrote:
><Snip> I tried using my M6 with some Multiblitz flashes at
> the weekend.  Here is a resultant image:
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/sclamb/PhotoAlbum8.html
>
><Snip>

Thanks Simon for the nice mention WHAT A STUPENDOUS SHOT.
When you first said Multiblitz flashes I was worried as they are not
full studio strobes but i see they are plenty powerful enough to be used
with small soft boxes as I seem to be seeing in the highlights of the eyes.
Great tonal depth due to soft boxes which are not too big is my call on it.
Or not too big foam core reflectors the strobes are bouncing off.

It is a great thing to see the flash go off in the finder etching the
shot in you own eye and mind.
You have a much better feel for if you got the shot or not and have to
shoot less. The SLR mirror image blackout makes one overcompensate and
shoot unnecessary rolls of flim.

Is this slower film because i had bad look with faster film with the
1/50 sync speed.

Great shot in my opinion. Great technique.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
Photography

Website: http://www.rabinergroup.com