Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 with studio flash try out
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:26:36 -0000

Mark

Thanks for your comments.  This was a single umbrella with a 200 head, so
diffused light but not as diffused as a soft box would have provided.  To be
honest, I couldn't be bothered to get the Octobox and softboxes set up,
hence the single head with umbrella.  I think this only worked because it is
child's skin - this light would perhaps have been too harsh for weathered
adult skin.

Absolutely agree about seeing the flash go off in the finder.  A couple of
shots were quite clearly no good as I saw the eyes closed in the finder, a
great benefit over an SLR mirror.

The film was Provia 100F, converted to black and white using a PS action I
created.  No exactly de rigeur studio film, but all I had out of the fridge
and it seemed to work OK.

Thanks again.

Simon