Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 with studio flash try out
From: "Simon Greenwood" <mail@simon.gs>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:42:38 -0000

I sold my Hasselblad because I spent more time on the mechanics of taking a
picture than the composition itself. Whilst I had rasor sharp trannies the
pictures were not in themselves as good as those taken with my contax tvs.

A comparison of your excellent mac.com picture with the Hasselblad portraits
on your own website only confirm this for me.

With the M6 the girls cheerfully alowed you to get in close and remained
relaxed because even at their age they realised it was not such a serious
shoot, just a bit of fun. I'm willing to bet that you looked a lot more
relaxed.

My wife hated it when I got out the Hasselblad and my sister knew that her
children would have grown up and had children of their own before I got the
light reading, focus..etc.right!

You have convinced me that I do not need to get another medium format camera
though naturally enough I will probably buy one, possibly by the end of the
month, use it solidly for a week, then put it away and get it out periodicly
to clean and admire.

;.)

Simon G