Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica 21 - 35 on Canon (Mark revisits history)
From: Cummer <cummer@netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 19:04:59 +0800

>Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 07:07:41 +0800
>From: Joseph Yao <joseph@yao.com>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: OT  xxx was Mark revisits history
>
>Felix,
>
>Don't think too hard - the rear element of the Vario Elmar 21-35 will not
>clear the mirror of the EOS 1Ds (or any EOS film camera).
>
>Bests,
>
>Joseph

Felix,
I used a borrowed 21 - 35 Leica zoom on my Canon D60 at the last
Lugger's dinner in Hong Kong so it will work on the D60 (because of
the smaller return mirror) but then it is only a 33.6 to 56 zoom
because of the 1.6 factor of the smaller dimension of the CMOS chip
compared to 35mm. Maybe we should all wait for the rumored Digital R.
;-)
Howard
Hong Kong

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> ([Leica] Re: Leica 21 - 35 on Canon (Mark revisits history))