Subject: [Leica] Re: Hexar RF Back focus one more time
From: Cummer <cummer@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 07:06:43 +0800

>  My question to Hexar owners in this group, particularly those based
>  outside the US, is how did you get the Hexar back focus adjusted and
>  did you hear anything about the difference in cam travel? This is a
>  new one to me, and I wonder if any list members can confirm this. Has
>  the cam travel issue been discussed on the Hexar group over at Yahoo?
>
>  Regards,
>  AKhil
Akhil,
I don't know if you were subscribed to the LUG in May 2001 but we had
a dust up about the back focus issue then. I did a survey of Luggers
who had Hexar RFs and 14 of 15 had no back focus problems using even
the widest and fastest of Leica lenses. Please check the archives for
an interesting read. I have a Hexar RF which I use mostly with a Tri
Elmar and it is a dynamite combination for fast shooting. I also use
my 75, 50, and 35 Summiluxes on the Hexar without focus problems. In
fact my 75 focuses more accurately on the Hexar than on my M6HM - but
then I do have "old eyes". My suggestion to your friend is to take
his Leica lenses along to the camera shop, try them on the Hexar
body, wide open and at infinity, shoot a roll of film, and examine
the results. If there is no problem, he should go ahead and enjoy -
it is a great camera.
Cheers
Howard
Hong Kong
PS - Konica in Hong Kong adjusted my RF to my Summilux 50. I watched
them do it using the Konica collimeter and they did not take out any
shims. After the adjustment I use the Konica 21 - 35 zoom without a
focusing problem, along with the Leica lenses.

Replies: Reply from "John Straus" <Mail@SlideOne.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Hexar RF Back focus one more time)