Subject: [Leica] Re: Hexar RF-yes, one more time
From: Bob Keene <kabob3@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:55:05 -0500

On the note of the Hexar RF and the "focus issue"- I've been shooting
an RF for about 1.5 years- using a pre-ASPH 35 Summilux and a Canon
50/1.4 (with M adapter) and a 90 tele-Elmarit (skinny)... I've never
had a problem- 'course, I shoot weddings- mainly use the RF with Delta
3200 (rated 1250) to do existing light candids... lots of the time I'm
at f2/1.4 because it's limited lighting. I get alot of great shots...
I've never had a "back focusing" problem... however, I wrote not too
long ago about an ongoing problem with rangefinder alignment; long
story short....

I dropped the RF about 3 feet onto hard ground at a wedding in Sept.
sent it in for realignment- the camera kept either falling out of
vertical alignment or in two cases, came out of the box from repair OUT
OF ALIGNMENT!! I sent it back ONE MORE TIME, fully documenting all the
difficulties. Folks, they (Konica Service) have blown me away.
Yesterday I received a parcel from Konica Service and I said to myself
"Well, let's see if this thing is anywhere near aligned..." I opened
the box to find a BRAND NEW BOXED HEXAR RF!!!! The work order had my
original camera's serial # crossed out and hand written in the number
of the new body with the words "Replaced camera body" written under the
correction.

They may not have a Passport warranty, but I think they did well by me!
(oh, yeah, I had purchased this camera body used; original alignment
had cost me around $160)

regards,

Bob Keene
Keene Vision Photography