Subject: Re: [Leica] Women in Medicine
From: "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 16:13:57 -0600

Steve sez:
Hi Sonny....hmmmmm....It's interesting that you have rather curiously
equated Women in
> Medicine  selectively with nurses,  and further...
>
> associated docs with  "grumpy,  and men.... "

Yeah, sounds like a grumpy old Doc talking. :>D

I do equate women in Medicine with Nurses, and as I said before, frontline
in the business.

Actually, Kathy, the cute nurse you often see in my work is an Advanced
Practice RN, Masters in Psychiatric Nursing.  She is a public Health Nurse,
currently one of the people administering smallpox vaccine to first
responders.  Since working in the public sector means less income, she
moonlights as a  Home Health Nurse, primarily working with home-bound
psychiatric cases, though she does general practice nursing in that role
too.

That doesn't mean that I think less of the many women in other roles of
Health Care, or the men, Grumpy or otherwise.  I just know and appreciate
nurses better because of my close connection to the profession.

How did you like the shot?

Sonny