Subject: Re: [Leica] Don't put a filter on your lens you said. I ignored you and gues s what...
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 08:04:53 -0800 (PST)

Option 1
put on a dishwashing glove.
Using the flat palm of your hand press down evenly
and rotate it out.

Option 2
Cut the glove in half and place it on a flat surface.
press the front end of the lens down against it and
turn.

Option 3
Secure some 5 minute epoxy and a flat non-porous
surface. Mix a and b in equal portions. Now lay down a
thin bead around the front most edge of the filter's
perfphery. Make sure you don't use too much or it
might seep into the threading putting you in a worse
position. Now while the epoxy still hasn't cured lay
it down on the flat surface and wait about 15 minutes.
(not 5 minutes)
Turn

Option 5
Same as 4 but build up a nice fillet around the filter
once the lens id on the surface.

Option 6
I'll give you 10 bucks for it.

FYI There are in fact 103 ways to remove a stuck
filter!

I had my Tokina 28-70 atx pro when one of the idiots
in the uniforms blew buy me so fast chasing some poor
unfortunate that his Glock smacked into my Tokina. The
filter prevented any damage. Works both ways! They
left me alone for the most part. I was the only guy
for miles wearing a Yankee hat you see!
Javier