Subject: [Leica] M[67] ramblings
From: Don Lawrence <DLawrence@fkp.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:34:40 -0600

>Those who have gone over to the M7 ... do you feel like you gained a lot?
>I know I like AE in other cameras (F3), but I've never missed it in a
>rangefinder.

>Anyway, ... I started thinking ... I'll get a lot more for my money with
>Leica and can probably be satisfied with a P&S digital, like Tina pointed
>out, until things stabilize. In digital I want at least EI 1600.

>I could make more money with digital :(

>Daniel

Daniel,
Better late than never.
Why it took Leica 30 years to finally bring AE to the M system we may never
know.
It is here, and it works great. (surprise)
Reading some posts since its arrival, you would think AE was
a totally new concept in photography!

Just as it has in many other camera systems, AE enables the Leica M user the
ability
to concentrate on composition and focus in changing light conditions.
Get one, you won't be disappointed.
Wait on the digital. The saturation point will come,
just as it has with the desktop computer, where the lower end models have
all the power
and features most users will ever need.

Don Lawrence