Subject: Re: [Leica] Neopan 1600 latitude
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 22:20:15 -0500

Peter, I am going to basically affirm Marks comments.  This last week I
intentionally underexposed some Neopan 1600 one stop.  I did exactly what
you suggested meter a Caucasian face but I didn't open up one stop.  Using
the 15mm Heliar I could hold shadow detail out about 1/3 of the way of the
negative.  The natural vignetting of the lens took out most of the shadow
detail in the outer 1/3.  My guess is that in my system of development
Neopan 1600 at 3200 would be very much like Tri-X at 1600 in look.

I hope that helps.

Don
dorysrus@midspring.com