Subject: Re: [Leica] M[67] ramblings
From: Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 20:02:42 -0800

I seem to recall the *original* M6 metering circuit used standard (at the time)
off the shelf electronic components. It certainly is not complex. If that is
correct it probably could be made again today, but unlikely for Leica to tool
up to make spare parts for a discontinued model.

I don't buy the argument that the M6-TTL came out because of some parts issue
with the M6 meter circuit. I think it was a stepping stone to the M7 and as
such boosted sales during the interim period till the M7 was ready.

Dennis