Subject: RE: [Leica] OT - was Digital - Rumor Mongering long, now Contax
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:05:31 -0500

Hi Nick,

> And in my own personal opinion, the C/Y mount range
> has included many/most of the finest manual focus SLRs
> ever made, and the same goes double for the lenses.

Exactly my feeling.  I have an RTSIII (which I believe is the finest manual
focus SLR every made), and AX and an Aria, and most of the infamous
lenses...16/2.8, 35/1.4, 85/1.4, 100/2 and 135/2.  The only one that I think
is infamous that I don't have is the 21 or 24...though I have the 18 and 25,
and they are both superb lenses.

> (Now THAT should get me chargrilled on the LUG, but
> personally, I just don't like the Rs, and in any case
> used Zeiss glass is dirt cheap round here at the
> moment.)

Ha, I'll join you on the grill ;-)

Regards,

Austin