Subject: RE: [Leica] Japanese special edition of new Leica M
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 14:03:44 -0700

> Tim Atherton wrote:
>
> > Okay - am I wrong here. They've stopped making the M6 - correct?
> >
> > Now they're stopping making the M6TTL.
> >
> > So which is the mechanical M still going to be made?
>
> <http://www.web.nshkk.co.jp/brands/leica/news/mp6.htm>
> <http://www.nippon-camera.com/zassi/z0303/0303.html>
> <http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=004b7o>

Merely a one off special edition Lucien, as far as all can tell, - for all
intents and purposes Leica has stopped making a mechanical M camera as a
course of regular production - stop putting off your grieving Lucien, all
your hopes against hope won't prevent it... it will only hurt all the more
once your acts of denial can no longer hold up in the face of cold hard
reality...

They'll probably keep making these little vanity models every now and then
as a money/prestige spinner as long as the tools and dies are all still
around and someone is willing to commission them. But the M mechanical
camera as a normal production model will soon be nothing more than a faint
memory :-)

tim

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (RE: [Leica] Japanese special edition of new Leica M)
Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] Japanese special edition of new Leica M)