Subject: RE: [Leica] Japanese special edition of new Leica M
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 13:27:13 -0800

At 2:03 PM -0700 2/22/03, Tim Atherton wrote:
>  > Tim Atherton wrote:
>>
>>  > Okay - am I wrong here. They've stopped making the M6 - correct?
>>  >
>>  > Now they're stopping making the M6TTL.
>>  >
>>  > So which is the mechanical M still going to be made?
>>
>>  <http://www.web.nshkk.co.jp/brands/leica/news/mp6.htm>
>>  <http://www.nippon-camera.com/zassi/z0303/0303.html>
>>  <http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=004b7o>
>>

>Merely a one off special edition Lucien, as far as all can tell, - for all
>intents and purposes Leica has stopped making a mechanical M camera as a
>course of regular production - stop putting off your grieving Lucien, all
>your hopes against hope won't prevent it... it will only hurt all the more
>once your acts of denial can no longer hold up in the face of cold hard
>reality...
>
>They'll probably keep making these little vanity models every now and then
>as a money/prestige spinner as long as the tools and dies are all still
>around and someone is willing to commission them. But the M mechanical
>camera as a normal production model will soon be nothing more than a faint
>memory :-)
>
>tim

The MP6, which will be introduced at PMA in a week, is intended to be
a regular production model worldwide, along with the Leicavit.
Contrary to what I said at first, it will have a mechanical shutter.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com