Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Longevity of Leica products
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:08:15 -0500

Javier,

> I think it may just be a segment with voltage in which
> each diode is setup to turn on for a preset voltage
> range sort of like the vu meters on stereo amps.

Well, VU meters are entirely different.  They don't display digits.  VU
meters are typically bar graphs, and that can easily be done with analog
thresholding.

Major difference with a digit displays, is there are seven segments and you
need to turn on the correct segments in the display to represent the number,
0-9.  Not near as easy as a bar graph.

Austin