Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Longevity of Leica products
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:41:57 -0500

Javier,

> By definition, an electronic circuit is one in which
> amplification takes place.

Whose definition?  Technically, anything that uses electrons is electronic.
But in common use, electronic is construed as uses active circuitry (as in
transistors), as opposed to simply passive (resistors and capacitors).  You
don't have to have amplification to be an active circuit though.  I believe
I understand what you mean now, but disagree with your definition of
"electronic".

> With a good working knowledge of Boolean math it is
> possible to make a digital computer which is purely
> electric,

I believe you need a LOT more than simply Boolean math for that project!

Regards,

Austin