Subject: Re: OT- Mini Cooper RE: [Leica] Leica does it again
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:02:44 -0500

At 08:16 PM 2/23/03 -0500, Austin Franklin wrote:
>What is wrong with it engineering wise?

Austin

I am being SORELY tempted to buy a Mini Cooper S right at this moment.
There is a new one in town, for sale, available, all I have to do is sign
here.  My Scots soul rebels -- I always drive old cars and have really
detested that vile feeling of seeing 1/3 of the value evaporate when you
drive a new car of the lot.  I have bought two new cars in my life and
swore I would never do it again but I AM most tempted right now.  Thank
heavens the Mini Cooper S is inexpensive ...

Hell, I remember the original Mini Cooper S in the 1960's and this one will
run rings around the original:  better acceleration, better top end, better
handling, better stopping.  It is hard to beat.

The only thing which makes me wary is the Bosch electrics.  I've spent most
of my driving life with either Lucas or Bosch and I vastly prefer something
which is fixable, which Bosch generally is not.  (The electrics on my '84
Audi are currently in a muddle but, then, it DOES keep running, though
things such as brake lights and cruise control and the like are, well,
unpredictable.)

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!