Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica MP -- Yes, it's true!
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:19:27 -0600

>>  So let me see if I understand this.
>>  After 47 years they still haven't been able to
>>  incorporate a zoom vf and I'm suppossed to be excited?
>
>One of the advantages OF a rangefinder for me is being able to see more than
>the framed image.

Yes, but think how convenient it'd be if you could have a little
switch on the side of the camera marked 1.0x,  1.5x,  2.0x  and with
that little switch, the finder would switch magnifications. You could
always stay in the magnification level you wanted (0.5, 0.75, and
1.0) to optimize between seeing "outside" the lines and RF accuracy.

Imagine how .... groundbreaking that would be....  It would require
engineering of the highest degree and use of the most sophisticated
materials.    I bet even the best Japanese engineers couldn't have
even produced that .... 45 years ago.

Karen

Replies: Reply from "A. Lal" <alal@duke.poly.edu> (Re: [Leica] Leica MP -- Yes, it's true!)
Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (RE: [Leica] Leica MP -- Yes, it's true!)