Subject: Re: [Leica] BD and the M7
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:30:27 -0800

George Lottermoser wrote:

> Marc James Small2/21/03
>
> >I suspect that most of the folks on this List are capable of cutting a
> >simple gear-wheel to precise tolerance on a decent machine lathe.
> >Almost
> >all of us are old enough to have had shop in junior high rather than the
> >current rage of putting girls through shop and boys through Home Ec.
>
> As the son of a tool and die maker - I have the knowledge of how it's done. I've watched it done.
> I've done some simple moves with the machines that I'll too soon inherit. However, I would not
> have the arrogance to assume that I could accomplish the task in one pass without a hell-of-a-lot
> of practice - like any other craft. Hey, you've got a hand and a pencil and you've probably drawn
> in high school. You must be one hell of a draftsman.
> --

My Grandfather, my Mothers Father, Joe Evans was a Machinist, spent most
of his life working for American Can. He learned how to be a machinist
in night classes in Brooklyn. Grew up in a poor part of London with his
11 brothers and sisters.
http://www.rabinergroup.com/ImagePages/JoeEvans.html

I'm going to take some Metal working classes I've been thinking of it
for a long time. Maybe I'll meet the babe of my dreams!
Like Flashdance!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com